Last modified: February 25, 2022
E-Porter Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you”) when you visit our website https://www.eporter.com; and through mobile and website portal applications you download, which provide dedicated application-based interaction between you and our website (collectively the “Platform”).
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Please read this policy carefully. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Platform. By accessing or using this Platform, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time to time and your continued use of this Platform after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information we collect
We collect and use personal information that we can reasonably use to identify you directly or indirectly, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, username or other similar identifier, and account information.
Payment processing is outsourced to our payment processor, and we do not store your credit card information other than the first four and last four digits of the credit card number.
We may use your personal information to contact you for marketing or other purposes and we provide an opportunity for you to unsubscribe or opt-out of these by contacting us or using the unsubscribe mechanism.
How we collect your information
We use different methods to collect your information, including:
- Information you provide to us. You may provide us information through direct interaction for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise; or that we collect directly from you through our Platform, for example, at the time of subscribing to our service, or requesting further services.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Platform areas or transmit to other Platform users or third parties.
- Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies. As you navigate through our Platform, information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. You can obtain additional information on how Google collects and processes information, its privacy practices as well as how to opt out of its data collection by visiting Google Analytics website.
How we use your information
We use collected information in a variety of ways:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Platform, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Platform.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger or other sale or transfer of our assets.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are contractually obligated to keep, use, and process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation.
Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Accessing and Correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances.
To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us.
Please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
#208-435 Trunk Rd.,
Duncan, British Columbia V9L 2P5
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.